Sunday 27 October 2013

The Silver Strand

The Silver Strand
L.J. Clarkson

Ever since twelve year old Isabelle Tresdon’s silver strand of hair sprouted, it’s been nothing but trouble: bleeding pink dust and sparking like a firecracker.  Refusing to be known as the girl with the freaky, grandma hair, she wishes it never grew and the hair withers and tarnishes.
The only problem is, the strand is Isabelle's source of magic, and she can transform particles of energy into matter. It's also her ticket into Mastermind Academy, a secret school inside the earth’s core. Five days remain before the strand drains her magic and life, forcing Isabelle to enter into a deal with two trickster Masterminds to save it. But what she doesn't count on, is there is more at stake than just her life.

My Review: During the beginning of The Silver Strand I was confused. I think the culprit of my confusion is that the writer of the book, L.J. Clarkson, didn't put much detail into what was going on.  They were just lightly skimming over the details so it was complicated to understand where Isabelle was and also, even though this is a fictional book about magic, if I saw some metal and pink dust popping out of someone’s temple, I would freak out more than they children in the book did when Isabelle’s strand grew. After reading most of the book I had an easier time understanding what was going on in the book. In the end I thought the book was OK, except for the parts at the beginning when things are unclear. If you enjoy reading books about magic and mystical creatures, I think this book would be a good one for you!



-XOXO Rozie

No comments:

Post a Comment